Plastic Tanks

barnesy

Hi All,

I have a plastic tank on my 242 that's been painted at some stage in the past and is starting to look a bit scruffy.

What's the best way to remove the old paint as I'd like to get back to its original state ?

Thanks in advance 

Then the best thing is to use paint stripper, check it out on a spot not too much visible exposed, that would work quite well together with a hard wood or plastic spatula.

If then there is still some residue left you might a sharp and very new cutter plade and use it as a razor to shave off small scratches and so one.

After that treatment a polish with plastic surface polish will give the former gloss back.
See here for an outcome with plastic polish done to my bike, you might too see that I had an issue with the side cover of the exhaust which was burned so I had to repair that plastic plastic strips which I melted to the spots where teh plastic was crippled then shaved all in the original dimensions but there is still a bit discoloration visible.

Montesa 242.jpg

Edited by pschrauber
Photoissues