My first Vertigo! 250DL

todea20

Hi to everyone and i'm happy to say that i have just purchased my first trial!Been doing enduro for few years now and thought it's time to get a trial bike now..2018 Vertigo 250 Dougie Lampkin edition?

I'm trying to find a service manual so if any of you guys could point me where i can download one from i would really appreciate!

My other question is..what do i need to do before starting the bike? Had to be delivered to me due to covid restrictions so just want to make sure i'm doing the right stuff before starting the bike? Can't see where you turn the fuel on?!

Any riders around London area?If so where are u playing with ya bike?

Thank you and it's a pleasure to be part of the forum!

Hi and welcome to the forum

The workshop manual is not generally available, however if you send me a PM I can get a copy to you.

There is no fuel tap or anything as such ‘to do’ on the Vertigo’s, you just need to kick it over and assuming it has fuel, it should start.

That said there is a knack to starting them.  For me I give it a couple of slow kicks with the throttle at about 75% open. After that I kick it over as normal, usually with just a fraction of throttle.

I also found I needed to change my method of using the kickstart slightly: I stand with my hips quite close to the bars and then kick more towards the back of the bike than downwards, as you normally would. I also aim to try and push through the compression stroke quickly and in one movement, rather than finding compression and then kicking it down through that.

Hope the above helps and enjoy  your new bike ?

Hi welcome to the site .

Because it’s Fuel injected , there is no fuel tap to switch on or off . If you need any help Nick at Vertigo Motors Skipton is really helpfull , just ring & ask for him  . Don’t get worried about fuel / oil mixture !, The recommended measure is 30cc oil to 5Litre Fuel !!!!! I personally run 40/45 cc .Don’t get tempted to use more than this ,as it can block injectors 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stmarysloch said:

Hi welcome to the site .

Because it’s Fuel injected , there is no fuel tap to switch on or off . If you need any help Nick at Vertigo Motors Skipton is really helpfull , just ring & ask for him  . Don’t get worried about fuel / oil mixture !, The recommended measure is 30cc oil to 5Litre Fuel !!!!! I personally run 40/45 cc .Don’t get tempted to use more than this ,as it can block injectors 

Why use 40/45 if the recommended is 30? Too much is as bad as too little.

1 hour ago, Primodious said:

Hi and welcome to the forum

The workshop manual is not generally available, however if you send me a PM I can get a copy to you.

There is no fuel tap or anything as such ‘to do’ on the Vertigo’s, you just need to kick it over and assuming it has fuel, it should start.

That said there is a knack to starting them.  For me I give it a couple of slow kicks with the throttle at about 75% open. After that I kick it over as normal, usually with just a fraction of throttle.

I also found I needed to change my method of using the kickstart slightly: I stand with my hips quite close to the bars and then kick more towards the back of the bike than downwards, as you normally would. I also aim to try and push through the compression stroke quickly and in one movement, rather than finding compression and then kicking it down through that.

Hope the above helps and enjoy  your new bike ?

Thank you so much will sent a pm! Good to know about the starting procedure

Primodious cannot receive messages. 

Looks like i can't send a pm to you?

Edited by todea20

1 hour ago, stmarysloch said:

Hi welcome to the site .

Thank you! Great to know the mixture.I usually do 100ml/5 litres on my enduro so 30ml seems very strange?

I also bought my first Vertigo, a 2017 Fajardo a few weeks ago and I also mix 1:200 which is 50 ml for 10 liters of fuel. This has been recommended my Vertigo dealer and several owners. 

Edited by didado
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...