BETA EVO 250 2016

Otischop

Hi all,

Brand new to the trials world and looking forward to getting out on my "New to me" 2016 Beta Evo 250.
So just two things, probably mentioned loads here already but really would like some reassurance on Petrol/Oil Ratio, some say this, some say that. Just don't want to wreck it before I start. So 1 litre of Petrol with 20ml of Oil? that be fine or maybe 25ml? Just not sure.

Also I noticed that the rear brake light didn't come on, opened up the cover and to my surprise no bulb, not even the housing that would hold it or wiring... Is that right for this bike?

Thanks, Looking forward to asking more dumb questions as I venture into the world of 2 Strokes :)

Otis.

10 hours ago, dabado64 said:

i had a rev 3 and now a 2016 evo 250 i always put 75 /80 mil oil to 5ltr petrol .as for the light not normally connected unless used on the road if you get a day time mot dont need lights

Cheers @dabado64 Just wondering would you premix or, is it common to premix 5 litres of petrol and oil and only use the required amount for the bike i.e maybe 2 litres to fill it, would it go off if left in the container premixed? Seams so many use the 5 litre ratio as the guide.

Ta,

5L is 2 to 3 trials or practice sessions, and it'll easily keep over 3 months.

Anything in the range of 70 to 80ml of Synthetic 2 stroke oil is fine, best to pick a number and stick to it. Either trials specific or something with a low burning point ideally not a "racing" oil or you may get spooge.

Take a look at the clutch thread particularly the shim and gearbox oil recommendations, a dragging clutch can really hold back your learning.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Otischop said:

Cheers @dabado64 Just wondering would you premix or, is it common to premix 5 litres of petrol and oil and only use the required amount for the bike i.e maybe 2 litres to fill it, would it go off if left in the container premixed? Seams so many use the 5 litre ratio as the guide.

Ta,

i always do the 5 ltr then just fill up the bike when i go out .sometimes its about 6 months before its used up

• Like 1

Get yourself a 5 litre can of Exol Optima fully synthetic 2t. It’s usually around £30. Should be on eBay. It’ll last a life time. It’s excellent clean burning oil that works perfect in trials bikes or any 2t in my experience. 

Edited by pindie
  • Like 1