Sherco ST 2013 - Gear problem

otter237

Hi ! I have a problem with my Sherco ST 2013 shift , i can't put the 3rd gear other times the 4/5th .  The shift can't run fine every time.

I put off the clutch for check all the springs shift and the drum .

- Maybe the spring shift doesn't work fine ( Sherco code:M110)  Pedal does not return to position  well -  Luckily i have the new spring

- I turn the drum with my Allen key and i can't put all the gear , 1&2 are ok  but 3/4/5  sometimes they go in but sometimes they don't go out anymore (like pic) , i need move the wheel.   Is very hard change gear. Same problem when the engine is on.

I hope i don't must split the motor :(

Thank you!  Sorry for my english :)

50755971172_6b613790ed_k.thumb.jpg.33ed6d0f526338c3cce88063a22436e4.jpg

When I had a 2014 Sherco St I decided to replace the gear lever with one from Jitsie or some such make.  Rode it around the garden using neutral and first gear.  It was ok.

However, when I went to a trial that weekend, I couldn't get any other gear, only neutral and 1st.  2nd worked a few times, intermittently.

The problem was that the gear lever was hitting the engine case and stopping me selecting any other gears.  

Put the engine case back on, refit the gear lever and see if everything is clear and not hitting.

Edited by stpauls

Had the same thing happen on a sherco 125,fitted the shift lever at to much of a high angle and it woukd not shift in anything but first and neutral, if its not that you may have some tiny shards of gear metal stuck in the shift drum channels stopping smooth selection. also the nitride coating on the drum can Ware out or get chipped and that will also stop smooth selection.