1 to 1 training day

Jimmy80

Feel like I need a training day to help me a little , been racing road and Mx for years at high level but now retired from racing,  I started trailing a few months ago ( doing middle route ) I do ok but struggle in a few places 

can anyone recommend a training school pref midlands area 

17 hours ago, Jimmy80 said:

Feel like I need a training day to help me a little , been racing road and Mx for years at high level but now retired from racing,  I started trailing a few months ago ( doing middle route ) I do ok but struggle in a few places 

Steve Saunders 1 to1 is a great learning day  and we all know how good he is  @sxs sunders extreme ?

17 hours ago, Jimmy80 said:

Just make sure whoever you go with will actually teach you something and not just get you riding sections. I've had a number of "training days" and yet have learned very little in terms of technique. The most I've gotten out of them is riding sections that are more intimidating and therefore learning more about what the bike will do. Which obviously is a good thing but I'd say there is a distinct lack of real instructors around. I've picked up the odd tip but I want someone who will pick up the smaller details about body position and traction etc. 

This is exactly what I’m after body position etc , I’m happy enough to push myself over a tricky section but know I’m positioned wrong over big rocks and logs and always end up hitting the bash plate hard and dabbing , I know a few hours with the right person will do me good but don’t want to waste my money just riding sections at a school 

On 12/28/2020 at 1:48 PM, al_orange said:

Just make sure whoever you go with will actually teach you something and not just get you riding sections. I've had a number of "training days" and yet have learned very little in terms of technique. The most I've gotten out of them is riding sections that are more intimidating and therefore learning more about what the bike will do. Which obviously is a good thing but I'd say there is a distinct lack of real instructors around. I've picked up the odd tip but I want someone who will pick up the smaller details about body position and traction etc. 

That has been my experience too. The best training day I did was with Mick Andrews but I think you have to be on an old bike. Watching lots of YouTube is good too, but of course it’s one-way.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Although you’ve probably found someone by now, I though I’d add my two penneth worth.  I’ve had one experience day like has been mentioned above, very much riding sections without much input as to the finer details of riding.  Still a good day but not quite what I had in mind when I booked.

From that I phoned around to find out what sort of training others offered and I was impressed when I visited trials day (trialsday.com) in Staffordshire.  I learnt loads in one day that has really helped me to improve my riding - and it’s helped me to see where I’m going wrong and correct it. 
The guys there are very knowledgable and really helped us to progress, alter bad habits and really concentrated on form and explaining how everything worked at each of our level, I’m very much a beginner but my OH is riding to a higher standard so needed completely different input.   We both came away feeling much more knowledgable and with things to practice to improve our riding. (We booked together so it wasn’t quite 121 but near enough)

I will definitely be booking another training session in the future, once I’ve got a fair few more hours in on the pegs.

• Like 1