Sherpa 198A kickstart

JonnyWobbles

That's the mod I was referring to with the Beta kickstart that I did for mine although that's not mine in the picture.  I took mine off after trying it for a while as I got fed up of having to reach down to flick it out by hand to use it. The Bultaco lever can just be flicked out with your heel, I couldn't get my heel behind the Beta one

Thanks all for info. There's loads of pivot style kickstart levers available at not silly money that are worth experimenting with. Rather than cut my original, I was wondering if the later Lobito / Derbi lever has the same 13mm splines - accepting that these are right had mounted, so would assume would pivot the 'wrong' way? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kick-Start-Generique-Motorcycle-Bultaco-50-Lobito-New/353320677682?hash=item52438db132:g:mFIAAOSwUvhePKpg

Or, could these not just be simply mounted the other way round ??

Seems like a(nother) project for the New Year (whilst lock-downed!).

Cheers

Edited by JonnyWobbles

Being a computer thicko.. I cannot post a photo of the French / Spanish kickstarts I mentioned, but for the ball ache of trying to get the bits and making it , why not hold your breath and just ring Albert.. They are longer than the beta one shown, nicer asthetically and when you take into account the messing, worth it.