4 RIDE ADVICE PLEASE

woody1970

Thanks cord  & Nigel for your insight. Great to hear your experiences on it . I’ve had  trail bikes in the past but far too heavy & too  tall a seat for my liking . Having a bike that’s only about 80kgs I would enjoy I’m sure & 50 mile range is not bad at all is it . When I’ve saved up & find one I’ll give you a shout.  I guess I’d need a trailer too if I fancied a trip to wales as it would be too heavy for a car rack

2 hours ago, woody1970 said:

Oh that’s great then, thought it might be pushing the limits. I’ll have to find out about whether the car ( Alfa Giulia) is ok with it

Well, getting a hitch receiver in the States from Alfa for a Giulia is impossible, but I hear in Europe they can be found.  UHaul has their own models though. 

That car can tow a small, unenclosed utility trailer with a trials bike, no issues.  It's been said the 2017 Giulia towing capacity was 1700kg, but I don't think I would want to tow that heavy a load, and I certainly would not want to tow anything with a any significant frontal area.

(2019 AR Giulia here too)

Edited by Elnonio

On 1/11/2021 at 7:48 PM, woody1970 said:

I’ve just had a look at the Yam. Looks like a nice machine but too heavy & tall for me. 

Tempted by the Yamaha, but also fancy a 4Ride as I want to do some more observing now at Centre trials and maybe SSDT and a few LDT's too - so the 4Ride makes more sense

Edited by johnnyboxer

• 7 months later...

Hi again, well I have finally managed to find a  17 reg 4 ride for £4500 from a dealer in Bridgend. It’s only done 400 miles & in perfect condition. I’ve changed the rear sprocket to a 38 & I’m much happier with it now. Really love the bike , really easy to handle so it’s thumbs up 

B685B405-33D2-44B5-8F84-5A9070E4A473.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, woody1970 said:

Hi again, well I have finally managed to find a  17 reg 4 ride for £4500 from a dealer in Bridgend. It’s only done 400 miles & in perfect condition. I’ve changed the rear sprocket to a 38 & I’m much happier with it now. Really love the bike , really easy to handle so it’s thumbs up 

B685B405-33D2-44B5-8F84-5A9070E4A473.jpeg

Neat, I've never seen or heard of a 4Ride! looks nice. How many cc? the pipe looks small. I also have a hard time believing that horn is installed in the best spot. We miss out on some cool vehicles in Canada.

It’s 260 but really torquey & enough for me . Some say it’s best to swap the pipe & get rid of the cat but not sure if it’s wise for me to mess with it  !! It’s basically a trials bike that’s a bit heavier but great fun & comfortable