Non Lycra trousers

Tomm156

3 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

Nothing is skin tight on my little sparrows-legs.?

Same for me. I wear pretty bulky Fox Titan Race hard knee/shin pads under my S3 Pilot pants. I find my MX pants way too loose and bulky riding trials.

When it's dry and cool I keep going back to stretch-fit jeans, dry and hot is long shorts to avoid heatstroke, if it's a little wet then work trousers (they dry very quickly), and if it's very wet here it's a thunderstorm and not good to be out in in general, lol

I have a pair of Jitsie proper trials trousers and they're just form-fitting and not super skin tight, but also not very comfy.  My other half pinched my MX trousers, but they were good for wet weather in the UK that whole one time I wore them.

• 5 months later...

I too ordered some Hebo pants and must admit they are a lot thinner than my winter cycling bib  tights. Super flexible is a plus but for the price, north of £100 I don't feel value for money. I am thinking of trying Troy Lee Design BMX race pants, tight form fitting, only 10% lycra and tight at the calf so will 've comfy inside boot. Also they provide some abrasion resistance. Anybody tried them or other BMX race pants?

Screenshot_20210605-082854_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20210605-083020_eBay.jpg

Edited by CJS
Added Hebo pic
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/5/2021 at 5:29 PM, CJS said:

Anybody tried them or other BMX race pants?

I've been using Fox MTB DH pants (probably the same as their BMX by the look of it) for several years.

They are perfect as far as I'm concerned. Light, tough, slightly stretchy, not form fitting but not at all baggy, slightly ventilated.

I'd have 3-400 hours on them and besides being grubby they are basically good as new. Amazing really.

Just make sure you get the stretch version, the cheaper ones tend to be non-stretch which I don't think would be as comfy.

I use Dainese MTB knee pads and a TLD MTB vest with shoulders for protection (I'm getting older and more fragile, so relatively minor bumps put me out of action pretty easily). They are also ideal I reckon.

I ended up riding with Fly Kinetic. A nice compromise. A good quality material with nice ventilation in various location. Only issue to watch out for us behind knees on the back of the pant is a mesh like material. I caught it on the pegs whilst sat waiting at a section which in turned caused a tear. That will teach me for sitting. Out with the darn.

adult.jpg

Edited by CJS

Been wearing Progrip MX kit while practicing. They have lots of stretch panels and don’t seem too thick, but they aren’t thin by any means.

Not sure that anything would stop me dripping after an hour solid practice. Nothing that would survive grazing a tree or catching that superfluous bramble anyway.

I was also thinking about MTB/BMX kit, but the price is eye-watering for anything worth more than a few rides. It’s a shame that the ‘secret’ practice spot near the house has a lot of biting insects or I’d gladly wear shorts. 

• 5 weeks later...