Help please gearbox issue

nicbrrghs

Factory replica 14. Lad dropped my bike on gearlever and stopped bike straight away. No strange noises. It now has a gear lever that moves up and down with no restriction. The kickstart is also tight. I've took head off piston and barrel fine.

I was thinking some of gear shaft broken and jammed it up some how.

Any advice very welcome

Edited by nicbrrghs

Shift shaft issue.

Most likely it is the cross bar in Part No. 10 with the return spring.

Cross bar is a sacrificial part for just those instances when crashing on the gear lever.

It is accessed under the clutch cover side.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0Mfile5AhnmN0RMR0lRNGRWRjQ   - Page 42

10 -  SHIFT SHAFT CENTER LOCATOR AND SPRING MT280238037CT

image.png.25cda126611001830081d35ce9ec73f2.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nicbrrghs said:

the four mm allen bolt holding the basket on is very tight is it normal thread. I even bought a fresh allen key bit to not strip it.

Thanks

Are you are referring to the single allen bolt in the center of the clutch basket?

If memory serves me, the head is about half the thickness of a standard allen bolt, but the threads I believe are standard right hand thread.

The bolt is also hollow to allow oil to pass through

Some use a thread locker of some sort on the bolt.  (I don't believe thread locker to be necessary, and I know a couple people that just leave that bolt out)

9 hours ago, nicbrrghs said:

I think this may be the issue luckily no major damage.

16101226687298218976841424186808.jpg

Did that used to be the spring on the gear selector shaft???  DAMN!

The hole in the crankcase is normal, my 2003 pro300 had it as well.  some are "better looking" than others, 

I have not had the cover off my 2015 yet (just got her last summer) but I suspect the hole will be there as well.

zippy, it is indeed the selector shaft spring sorry was the spring.  I'm hoping the circlip groove isn't damaged on the end of the shaft as the circlip had come off.

Does anyone know if the shaft can be simply pulled out to replace it's a 2014 factory replica with the bolt and washer bearing retainer on the end of the shaft.

Great news about the hole being ok.(maybe could have been finished better at the casting stage)

Does the alloy kickstart positioning bush go on tapered edge downwards?

Edited by nicbrrghs
found more info

2 hours ago, nicbrrghs said:

zippy, it is indeed the selector shaft spring sorry was the spring.  I'm hoping the circlip groove isn't damaged on the end of the shaft as the circlip had come off.

Does anyone know if the shaft can be simply pulled out to replace it's a 2014 factory replica with the bolt and washer bearing retainer on the end of the shaft.

Great news about the hole being ok.(maybe could have been finished better at the casting stage)

Does the alloy kickstart positioning bush go on tapered edge downwards?

that spring has definitely sprung.

I am not sure if the shaft on a 14 can be pulled without splitting the cases.  My 2003 required splitting the case because of the rollers attached to the shaft being inside the shift drum.

I am not sure what the kickstart positioning bush is, do you have a photo?