New Scottish Member. Beginner Rider.

CRB99

Hello lads. 

I went out and bought myself a 290 Sherco '05 the other day - I have head plenty of fun already!

What is really daunting is the lack of information/manuals/how-to's about these bikes. I am very keen on maintaining the bike and there are a few things with the bike that will need remedied, although Im not sure on how to tackle such jobs. I want to learn. 

The links to manuals on this website are all no longer available, unless im missing something?

If any members here could point me in some direction as to find out how to work on/ maintain trials bikes - preferably an '05 290 sherco!

Thanks a lot! - Cameron 

On the Spanish Sherco site there is an '03 sheet manual which is what you got with a new bike and there is also an '09 manual. I am reasonably sure that although there was a frame change in '06 to black they are all basically similar. If yours is an '05 it should have chrome frame, looking similar to an '03 so the '03 is a good starting place.  There was a 4T 320 '05 but therein lies a story.

My advice would be to change the oil, pretty sure its 450 cc. The exhausts get clogged but you need to cut them open to repack. I had several of them including an '05 290, not much goes wrong if looked after. 

https://www.sherco.com/wp-content/uploads/2009MaintenanceManual_ST2T.pdf

https://www.sherco.com/wp-content/uploads/2003ServiceManual.pdf

• Like 1

Hi CBR99 from snowy Fife nice to here someone has a bike on my favourite place up here. There must be other riders on the Isle as I've met a few over the years they would be my first port of call for help if you can contact any of them.

The best lad for advice over your way would be Murdo Macphail who helps out at the Bob Macgregor trials academy. He's good on the spanners too. MIght be able to get in touch with him through the academy site as he's very well known.

All the best I should be over in July if we're allowed.

• Like 1

Breagh. 

Good to here from you. There are a lot of boys from Arran that are into there bikes your right. Arran is a cracking place to ride up the hills.

Thanks for the help. I might have to get in contact with him at some point.

Hope you make it over :)