Vertical tuning

stmarysloch

Hi I have 2020 Vertical 250 . I have the Get system & have played about with adjustments, but can’t get that softness at initial throttle opening I would like. Slightly 

retarding ignition wld normally achieve this , like I did on previous bikes plus on my old 240 Fantic , on Vertigo this just produces engine braking!! 
I know on Gas Gas they fit low compression heads to smooth out bottom end & Beta lads have put extra base gasket on 300 s to do the same .

So my ? Is , I think they do a low compression for 300 but not 250 ?
Has anyone tried extra base or head gasket ?
If u do base or head gasket  ,is any re-programming needed ?
Thanks 

Vertigo head inserts are made by S3. I understand the DL12 250 has got the low compression head which is Vertigo part number V-0616.  The insert on my DL 250 has got S3 part number ST-0616 printed on it. 
Vertigo part number for 250 high compression head is V-1027. 
Looking on the 2020 vertical 250 parts diagram, it lists 0616 as the part number for your head. So you may already have a low compression head. 

High and Low compression inserts for the 250 are also available from splatshop:

https://www.splatshop.co.uk/s3-vertigo-jtg-cylinder-head-inserts-fits-original-head-250-300cc.html

hope that helps  

Edited by ricklound

You could try a flywheel weight. There are 2 weight options, I have tried only the lighter weight, 366 gms which feels excellent on my 280 R2 (This weight is supplied fitted as standard). I prefer the softer power delivery of this R2 over any Vertigo 250. You would need the kit, weight, cover spacer and stator spacer. Bye, Peter B.

• 5 months later...
On 1/8/2021 at 6:48 PM, Simonelongus said:

I want to buy the wificom module, can you tell me the factory code.
I don't want to buy it from an official dealer.
Can anyone help me?
I don't know if the code is: GK-WFCOM2-0003 or GK-WFCOM2-0001
If anyone can help me
Thanks

You should look at your ECU. If it is the same as mine (photo attached) you need GK-WFCOM1-003

20210622_211245.jpg

• Like 1