Jotagas back up.

Moomoo

That 's right ,the main problem of Jgas is the lack of communication by one side and I feel also that in Europe there is a kind of "blackout "around the brand !The magazines ,stores and others people around trials ignore completely the brand since Jordi Tarres left it !!I saw in Jotagasforum.com in the US that the new enduro Jgas G 2 has been delivered to Clay the importer !!Very good news for all !!!The bike seems to be at the same level that the populars ones and with Ohlins suspensions, Magura, S 3 stuff etc...

4 hours ago, freedoo said:

Today i had an answer from the factory ,the production of trial bikes is delayed because the slow supplies of components .

With any other company I’d put it down to Covid and accept it. Unfortunately with Jotagas, I wonder if that’s an excuse for something else. (I take no pleasure in saying that because I would love to see them succeed. I get lustful feelings every time I see one.)

• Like 2

I wish the best for Jotgas/G2 Grup. A friend is the USA importer and I've been hoping for the trials bikes to arrive for a year. The other Spanish manufactured trials bikes.... Vertigo, Gas Gas, Sherco/Scorpa, TRS are all getting bikes built and shipped, even to the USA.  These bikes are all built using almost identical supply chains for components. I have a hard time understanding the delays with Jotagas?

Well, a friend of mine in Colombia ordered ( and paid ) on 17 th of september a TRS One who was scheduled to be delivered on mid December , at that moment they tell him the delay will be till march because Covid and supplies problems!! Perhaps some markets are better supplied ?That's true also that the reputation of Jotagas is not at it best ,I hope too that with the G2 grup things will be better, i make my bank transfer to Techparts G2 at the Sabadell bank account , Jotagas seems to disappear until in the USA because brand registers.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Freedoo, please post a photo of your new G2/ JGas when it arrives.  I am still riding my '16, 280 and loving the bike.  I too have ordered parts directly from the factory and had the parts at my door in Canada, less than 5 days after payment.  

I find communication with the factory very brief and in a small trials market like Canada part for JGas with an online system like this. is easier and more reliable than trying to go to my Honda dealer in the next city, where they sold Montesa's for 3 years and trying to get the part you need, for a Cota 4RT.  I would still prefer a Trials specific importer and bikes and parts in the country, but this has been their work around for not having a world wide distribution network and it is working for me at this time.

I am actually in the market for a 125 for my lad and JGas is on the short list, along with Vertigo and Gas Gas.  We will need to make a decision soon, so I am curious to your import experience and impressions of the 2021 G2.

Feliz conducion

Hi Derek ,for sure i ´ll send pictures of the 2021 bike !!! The fact is that JTG is changing the business model factory/ Importer/ local dealer / customer to a factory direct /customer or factory/ Importer / customer like in the USA or Italy . In my case , Colombia , direct from factory ,very good price but i have to deal with the import paperwork ,not a problem.For the parts order direct to the factory and very quick availability ,the main problem is when you order very few and cheap items ( air filter,  gaskets ,o´rings ... ) the shipping cost is very high like 80 euros but in the other way expensive and more heavy are competitive.For those interested in JTG there is a jotagasforums.com from the US importer Clay ,very good !!! Gracias !

• 4 weeks later...

On 1/22/2021 at 8:44 PM, heavydabber said:

There's surely been plenty of discussion around that already on the Jgas thread as a whole? Including stories that parts weren't available which I've personally found out to be untrue before I posted on here; plus you can even order direct from the factory.

Their lack of communication problem is of their own making though.

Any one who gives Jotagas any money direct is a fool, imho. The british importer at the time before haven went to the factory himself to collect bikes, got the bikes loaded and then paid for them.

That says alot. Even going back that far one batch had no shock absorbers on (hadnt paid suppliers) so I would be very very careful.