Over 50s ??

dixie

I have used the search facility (but as a techno phone ) without success..

Does anybody use a 24.0 R for adult trials ?

Is it compliant with regs (minimum weight , tyre size etc) 

As a worn out old codger I was considering having a wobble around easy rout adult trials on something really light , and by the looks of them , well capable trailer ..

Thanks in advance D.

24r is more than capable of completing an Adult event, we have done so many times with my son riding. If out for fun then they are very capable and easy to ride, suspension works very well. Some minor modifications and very competitive bike apart from available tyres. We get around 12 miles from our battery so more than enough for any trial. They don't ride like a petrol bike but with some practice are very capable, easy to maintain and as you state light as well. They have proved how good they are in youth trials, the only limiting factor is the tyre - we have a petrol bike as well which has more grip but both offer a lot of fun. With regards to doubling up on sections that is normally to assist the Dad chasing their child and time constraints! I do it every event and the Oset will compete on any adult event we have come across

• Thanks 1

After owning a highly modified 20r I think think the osets are fun and great back yard play thing but don't compare to a petrol bike, thay have pretty poor rst  mountain bike forks and a low end mtb dnm shock, sram brakes. If you upgrade one you will end up spending thousands.try a scorpa ty125f or 175 4stroke if you can find one. Thay will set you back about the same money as a decent oset 24.

7 hours ago, Creepytheclutchmaster said:

After owning a highly modified 20r I think think the osets are fun and great back yard play thing but don't compare to a petrol bike, thay have pretty poor rst  mountain bike forks and a low end mtb dnm shock, sram brakes. If you upgrade one you will end up spending thousands.try a scorpa ty125f or 175 4stroke if you can find one. Thay will set you back about the same money as a decent oset 24.

Thanks for the honest reply , I still have a trusty 4rt, and have owned a 125f scorpa (very underrated ) . 

Its not a cost or performance issue , after several road bike crashes (broken ankle , leg, back, neck, shoulder , wrist , fingers.) The list goes on, I struggle to start, and hold on to my petrol trialers. 

So was thinking of the Oset for no clutch, light weight, ease of use , for a wobble round , rather than a competitive attempt .

31 minutes ago, dixie said:

Thanks for the honest reply , I still have a trusty 4rt, and have owned a 125f scorpa (very underrated ) . 

Its not a cost or performance issue , after several road bike crashes (broken ankle , leg, back, neck, shoulder , wrist , fingers.) The list goes on, I struggle to start, and hold on to my petrol trialers. 

So was thinking of the Oset for no clutch, light weight, ease of use , for a wobble round , rather than a competitive attempt .

Yeh I suppose the oset would be tamer. I'm not impressed with the battery life on the 24 my friend has one and gets about 7 miles out of it if ridden in anger non stop woods popping over logs small climbs etc, thay don't like long hill climbing eather and can overheat cut out I'd say thay are an electric downhill mountain bike styled for trials but Hay thay are great fun and lighter than a scorpa,I sound like an oset hater but I'm not thay are fun and almost reasonably priced lol. but  if moneys not a issue and I was going electric again I'd would try a emotion or something like that with a clutch. 

• Thanks 1

I would love to try one.  I am curious about the weight issue though, they are (according to the web page) nearly 50Kg.  It really is not that much less than a light ICE bike.  If I could pick up one cheap (dream on) I would have on to play with.  The main problem seems to be decent tyres and if you put better wheels on to get good tyres you lose the weight advantage such as it is.

As above I think I would be looking at the eMotion or similar as a better alternative (although they are "normal" weight).

Anyway if you get one please let us all know how you get on.  They look like great fun on the Smadge videos.

• Thanks 1

Once you're in a section and riding it, the physical input wouldn't be any less than on a petrol bike, I'd suggest. Quite possibly more, given the suspension and tyre shortfalls of the Oset. If starting a bike is an issue, the Tenaci Wong would merit investigation for its electric start. Performance is well up to competition standard and I think it's the cheapest new petrol bike you can buy.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cleanorbust said:

Once you're in a section and riding it, the physical input wouldn't be any less than on a petrol bike, I'd suggest. Quite possibly more, given the suspension and tyre shortfalls of the Oset. If starting a bike is an issue, the Tenaci Wong would merit investigation for its electric start. Performance is well up to competition standard and I think it's the cheapest new petrol bike you can buy.

78Kg.

One here: https://www.powerstartbikes.co.uk/product/tenaci-wong-twc-200-2020/

The new TRS also have electric option but are a lot more money.  Nice though.  (That's the problem I like them all)

What about a beta 80 big wheel, brilliant on the tight stuff clutch is feather light and bike is very light. Just have to look at the kickstart to start it and it  has plenty gears so you don't have to clutch it much. Done the odd trial on one and it makes no difference at my level, I'm 57.

PS, I've got a Scorpa 200F and though it's a hoot to ride it needs a very definite method . They ride quite heavy if you don't keep the revs up but if you're not doing sections it'll make no odds.

Cheers.

Edited by breagh