Sign in to follow this  
a7bas

Face-lift plastic and tank conversion

Hi all, I have a 2010 4rt repsol, I am looking to change the rear mudguard to the 2015 shape to get rid of the old rounded style plastic, also I have the old style higher tank, would i need to swap the tank for the 2015 slimmer tank to allow the mudguard to fit? Or does anyone know where I can get hold of a 2015 style rear face-lift mudguard that will fit to the old higher tank?

Thanks all

IMG_20180531_112414.thumb.jpg.99bd7bccc77e0221aacf4549b495ae89.jpgI have my original 2006 4rt and did this last year ! Just need to trim the new style mudguard a bit ...

Use a very sharp Stanley knife and be very careful.

Not perfect , but I was happy.

• Like 4

I would rather go back to the old fender than use the pointed one.  Better coverage in the mud than the 2015 shape.  I do like the look better than the old one, just a function over form kind of guy myself. 

I ran older mudguards on my 2015 And 300 rr especially in the wet for that reason.

The new 301 and 2020 shape are better the previous ones but are quiet a bit different 

• Like 1