Sidi Trial Zero 2 review

wardo78

My 16 year old Hebo boots are pretty much toast. I traditionally wore Sidis for MX and Enduro, so thought I might try the Zero 2. Actual user reviews are non-existent. Can anyone weigh in? How do they compare to other boots you've owned? I normally wear 43's, but my Hebo's are 42's. I prefer a tight fit for trials... how is the Sidi sizing? Any issues?

Thanks,

Ward

If your last boots lasted 16 years, why change brand if there's a pair you've obviously liked and have lasted!

That said, I've tried on Sidi boots and they pinched, Gaerne for me all the way, good fit, accurate sizing and well made.

Edited by jonboy883

3 hours ago, jonboy883 said:

If your last boots lasted 16 years, why change brand if there's a pair you've obviously liked and have lasted!

That said, I've tried on Sidi boots and they pinched, Gaerne for me all the way, good fit, accurate sizing and well made.

What's the chances of the new boots being of the original quality ?  Generally you have to go up a size in Sidi's.

Sidis are a good boot, although they have tendency for the sole to start coming away at the toe after a couple of years (not the stitching, just wear the sole is glued to the stitched sole.). A bit of glue re attaches this before it gets worse. Gaerne i feel offer very little protection. The sidis are a stiffer boot, much better protection IMO. I went for the same size as the gaernes and they are tighter, but passable. 

Edited by faussy
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jonboy883 said:

Hebo's are hard to come by in the US nowadays. Last night while searching around, I found some discounted Stylmartins in leather that look a lot like my old Hebo's. They are 50% less than Gaerne's and Sidi's, so I think I will order them. I did find a few positive reviews, one in particular from someone I know and trust.

Thanks for the responses!

Ward

• Like 1