Oset 24 modification

kingkopity

Hi all. Playing with an idea at the moment, and hoping for a little advice. I think @gwhy may be the man. If possible I'd like to remove the 3 power dials and replace with a simple bar mounted switch and reduce it to 2 power modes. Sort of high/low torque. Does anybody know if this would be possible. And a follow up, I'd like an handlebar mounted battery monitor/SOC read out. Any ideas?. Thanks guys.

Edited by kingkopity

Do a search on ebay for a   2-wire Mini DC5V-120V Voltmeter LED Panel 3-Digital Display Voltage Meter UK, they are small but you will have to mount it somewhere where water can not get in the back of it ( good idea to fill the back up with hot glue after plug has been connected ), also always have a small fuse inline with the red lead ( just in case). A 2 mode switch idea  will defo be possible but may require a bit of experimentation to get it to the values you want, it will involve setting the dials to the settings you require then disconnecting the pots and measuring the resistance of each pot/dial, this information can then be use to use fixed resistors and a switch. If each pot only has 2 wires then this will be straight forward but if they have 3 wires it may be more trouble than its worth. 

Edited by gwhy