Evo Rear Spring

trapezeartist

Is there any way of identifying which rear spring I have in my 2014 250 Evo? I suspect the previous owner may have been a little large and fitted a heavier spring.

I've just taken it off, expecting to find a part number or code on one of the ground ends, or perhaps some coloured paint dabs. But there is nothing! It has four and a half active coils and the wire gauge is about 9.5mm (ranges from 9.3 to 9.8 depending on where I measure).

3 hours ago, totty79 said:

They are normally colour coded, black is standard. 

Aftermarket springs could be any colour though.

It's common for the spring rates to be engraved on the ground flat bit at one end but I don't know if beta do this. 

Interesting thought. Looking on dealer websites, all the photos show red springs for the heavy-duty version. Mine is black. It’s hardly definitive but it starts to look like I might have standard rate. Thanks.

I have no idea if this helps but the wife's 2014 Evo has a black spring.  The suspension feels quite normal, a bit soft compared to my TRS.  I find it (Evo) bottoms out easily but the TRS seems to ride as I think it should (I am no expert mind).  I even thought about replacing the shocker.