Bultaco 198A front wheel spacer

Rhoda_Sodapop

I bought my late friend's 198A and want to finish the restoration.  He left instruction that the front wheel spacer was the wrong one.  Can anyone tell me the correct dimensions for this spacer or better still, where I can get one?  I have an ocean of new and used parts that came with the bike but not that particular spacer!  Any help would be much appreciated.

P1070335.JPG

The spacer is 23mm long. I can't remember the exact OD but it sits inside the bearing oil seal, so whatever that is. Make sure you have the inner bush/sleeve that sits inside the fork leg as this acts together with the spacer to position the spindle correctly. I'm not sure if In Motion have the spacer, I think they have the bush.

Also make sure you have the top hat spacer that sits in oil seal on the other side of the hub, inside the brake plate

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woody said:

The spacer is 23mm long. I can't remember the exact OD but it sits inside the bearing oil seal, so whatever that is. Make sure you have the inner bush/sleeve that sits inside the fork leg as this acts together with the spacer to position the spindle correctly. I'm not sure if In Motion have the spacer, I think they have the bush.

Also make sure you have the top hat spacer that sits in oil seal on the other side of the hub, inside the brake plate

Thank you, I am beginning to wonder if the top hat spacer is missing and maybe that was the one I needed to find.  very kind of you, many thanks!

The left side spacer you need is this one (part  # 67.04 - 009). 

www.inmotiontrials.com/product/bultaco-front-wheel-bush-left-side/

As Woody says, this is used in conjunction with a split spacer in the spindle clamp at the bottom of the fork slider.

The right side "top hat" spacer behind the brake plate (part  # 20.04 - 009) is this one :-

www.inmotiontrials.com/product/bultaco-top-hat-front-wheel-bush-2/

As an aside, is that a crack in the spoke flange in the picture ?

Edited by lorenzo
Description correction

14 hours ago, lorenzo said:

The left side spacer you need is this one (part  # 67.04 - 009). 

www.inmotiontrials.com/product/bultaco-front-wheel-bush-left-side/

As Woody says, this is used in conjunction with a split spacer in the spindle clamp at the bottom of the fork slider.

The left side "top hat" spacer behind the brake plate (part  # 20.04 - 009) is this one :-

www.inmotiontrials.com/product/bultaco-top-hat-front-wheel-bush-2/

As an aside, is that a crack in the spoke flange in the picture ?

Thank you Lorenzo, I spoke to Dave Renham a couple of years ago about spacers and he wasn't supplying them back then.  Good to know I can get them now.  I may have it sorted by the time there is another trial!  Thanks again for taking toe trouble to reply.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 1:01 PM, woody said:

Thanks Woody, it is the top hat spacer on the brake plate side that is missing, I didn't realise they had one!  That must be what John was referring to in his note tome.

R