lockdown rules apply !

breagh

We moved from Basildon, Essex, to west Wales. Its real rural out here, but its all farmland. Where I was born and spent the 1st 40 years of my life was in South Wales, and by God, there was no limit to the access of decent grounds. Living on the edge of the Beacons national park had its advantages, as well as its downsides. 

On 2/7/2021 at 6:59 PM, Waynetod said:

We moved from Basildon, Essex, to west Wales. Its real rural out here, but its all farmland. Where I was born and spent the 1st 40 years of my life was in South Wales, and by God, there was no limit to the access of decent grounds. Living on the edge of the Beacons national park had its advantages, as well as its downsides. 

Mmm, I bought my TY from a guy in Wales who had lots of rideable land near his house (just up the mountain was a World Trials Championship course from the '80s, he said), it's a pity that everything in England got crushed by the enclosures act, rambler's association, and all 'round nimbyism.  It took me a while here to get used to the fact that as long as you're not on the actual fields themselves you can go pretty much anywhere here

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, common sense no longer applies. It is not permissible to sit on a river bank or canal towpath and fish alone at the moment, nor play golf on your own or even fly your own helicopter alone from your own house, pick up a bag of chips from the chippy and fly home again without attracting the wrath of the masses. 
I fully support your desire to keep your skills up to date and believe that it is still a ‘National Health Service’ and not a ‘Covid Health Service’. 
There is nothing morally wrong in the desire to pursue an entirely acceptable and normally legal activity. I’m afraid however that you must accept that it doesn’t comply with the current diktat and you will need to ride with a spare. £200 in ya bumbag until April 12th. 
At 57, I have, to some people flouted the rules. I’ve shopped when I didn’t necessarily need to, exercised more than once a day, drank cider in a closed beer garden with the Mrs, shopped without a mask (but with an exemption lanyard) and hugged my mother. 
If you want to go and ride, ride. 

Edited by haggetty