TRS 250 RR 2019 tips - jetting and sag

Mikhail

Hi,

I have purchased a TRS 300 RR 2019 after 2 racing seasons. I did a  complete bottom end and also converted it to 250 RR with a cylinder/piston/head insert kit.

As my weight is 91kg / 200 lbs without gear, I have purchased new fork springs for >90kg and 80N shock spring from Reiger.

I would like to ask for a few tips:

1. SAG - does anyone have any proven static/rider sag numbers to aim for?
  2. Jetting:
    • I ride in Central Europe at approx 400m above sea level (1200ft)
    • I have checked the float level and adjusted to standard 19mm, completely cleaned the carb etc., but I dont like how the engine runs.
    • I have standard jets, needle and slide - pilot 48, main jet 125, needle JJH and clip in middle position, slide 3.5
    • Would someone riding in similar conditions please advise some good settings? I usually ride in temps above 10 C all the way to hot summer days 30+ C  - is the carb temperature sensitive? 

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by Mikhail

No help on the carb details I'm afraid. Speaking as an 300 R One owner I can't help but wonder if a conversion down to the R One spec by reducing compression might have been a better and cheaper way of making the bike more novice friendly considering you are around 200 KG plus gear rather than reducing the capacity to 250cc.  At 1200 feet you are already about 3% down on engine power from sea level to start with. Lowering compression (a base gasket or two) would have meant less alteration to engine so less change in carb settings I would imagine. 10C to 30 C temperature range sounds like typical Spanish conditions where the bikes are made.

Edited by micm

18 300 trrs. The rear spring you should be good. You probably dont need the front. 

1200 FT IS BASICALLY SEA LEVEL. Just minor carb adjustments. AIR and idle.

Sag does not matter. The stock settings are where to start from. MOre important for the front and rear to work together.