OSSA MAR Clutch Holding Tool

gogs56

I don't know of anywhere that sells them in the UK.  If you can find an old clutch hub plate you can make one by welding a bar to it which passes through a slot in the basket and locks against the cush drive. I welded on a 6" nail, works well enough

universal clutch locking tool is a big set off mole grips, with pegs one side and right angled jaws the other side, available from good bike shops or tool agents, I've been mechanic for many many years and they're a godsend. the alternative is an impact driver and are quite cheap for an electric rechargeable one. Another alternative is to put the bike in top gear and lock the chain /wheel with a block off wood to stop the wheel rotating, it works but you get a very springy feel until chain tensions up..all the best trialman

ebay link..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORBIKE-Flywheel-Clutch-Locking-Pulley-Holder-Tool-MOTORCYCLE/360914256319?hash=item54082a81bf:g:KsUAAOxy0x1TVjXP

Edited by trialman
addition of item req.

I looked but couldn't find spare plates, the only ones I could find are from the spare engine I have in pieces, I thought there were more, if I come across them I'll let you know but I guess that tool will do the job just as well

Just add on that this tool is also a flywheel holder [works great on any bike,and if it doesn't you put bike in top gear,lock up the gearbox sprocket and do it that way] and a sprocket holder [for gearbox sprockets] for yams etc that have a nut, that are normally done up that tight i've had 4ft bar on to try and undo them. so tool is a good value multi purpose.