Nova HMRC

What year is it, looks about 2005/6 ?  Why not contact Yamaha for a letter showing proof of age and then you can get it registered on a proper age related number instead of Q plate. Easier to insure and sell on a proper reg than Q

Hi Yep I think your right when I put vin in it comes up 2005 model online checker, someone sold it to me has a 2012 model but when you decode the vin plate the C in vin plate number =2012 very odd....  if you think its 2005 I think the same, i wanted to order the lighting kit is it 2005 or 2012 …  I will contact Yamaha. 

15 hours ago, tricky1965 said:

Hi Johnnyboxer,

I phone DVLA with Chassis number etc told them it had mot paper work with no reg  on it,  they said you can mot a bike without reg ,  good news on nova that's all ok now, ready for v55/5 form to be sent  ,form filled ready in with photo copy of driving licence photo copy of utility bill the original mot certificate i think that's all I need?      and postal orders tomorrow for fees and bike tax.  might have to have q plate unless I register certificate of newness I think its called Thank you for your help 

Yamaha will do you a Cert of Newness, better than a Q Plate

Yamaha won't issue a certificate of newness as the bike is 15 years old so you can't have a current registration number, certificate of newness only applies to new bikes or a year or so old. What you need is a certificate that gives the year of manufacture - a dating certificate, then DVLA will issue an age related 2005 plate. If it is a bike imported by Yamaha UK then they will issue one for you but I think they charge for the service now, they used to do it for nothing. If it wasn't imported by Yamaha then they probably won't do it

However, if you're using the Yamaha aircooled owners club they will issue the dating certificate for you or do the complete service so you don't need Yamaha. You may need to provide them with the chassis chart which shows the year of the bike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi woody,

got dating certificate of bike manufactured 2010 all updated with nova now with correct date, now sent off all the paper work to dvla v55 form original mot and photo copy of driving licence and utility bill proof of address also sent original dating certificate postal order £44 road tax and £55 for registration hope it don't take long lol   once all sorted thinking of putting electric starter on bike Panthera Motorsports Electric Start Kit On a YZ250