Hello from Austria

DonMoto71

Hi all,

I am not completely new to trials (had two in the past) but new to the forum and new to classic trials. Just bought a Bultaco Sherpa T350 from 1978. I own a lot of motorcycles and it’s save to say that I am proper motorcycle and mechanical stuff nut. Born already 49 years ago do I still feel best when wrenching or riding.

I had done and still do almost everything which can be done on two wheels, from crossing the Sahara, to proper hard enduro, race track, bit of trials, travelling or just bashing around.

Wherever possible I prefer older stuff over the new, on bikes but even more on cars and all the other small wonders of life. 

Raoul

• Like 2

It cannot be too many of course, keeping the overview is just challenging some times.

However, the pure motorcycle Sahara trips where done on KTM Adventure 640 and Rallye 690 Factory Replica. The ones with Land Rover as luggage and fuel transporter where with GasGas EC250 and KTM 450EXC

The latter for very sporty riding in the dunes of course 

The Rallye for insane speeds on the pists and still quite remarkable dune rides. The Adventure mainly to burn her down and sell after that trip

I dunno, at my current count of 12 I feel like keeping on top of maintaining them all nicely is far beyond my grasp ... ideally I'd like to just have 3, lol (road, trail, and trial)

Are you finding the Bultaco a bit of a blast from the past after all that (comparatively) modern machinery?