1999 GasGas 321 txt info

Shauno

Oil threads are notorious for everyone having a preference.

75ml in 5L of any trials specific 2 stroke oil (it doesn't need to be trials specific, but it's easier than getting into specs and doesn't cost any more)

Gearbox oil, any bike specific gearbox oil, putoline light gear oil would be fine - they don't tend to have a draggy clutch so they don't need one of the more expensive oils.

I'm not far away near Durham and had a 1999 321 about 6 years ago, it might even be my old bike. It was a nice bike, amazing on hills. Check the fork springs, mine were cracked and the used replacements I bought were also cracked so it may be a common problem, I had to get replacements made.

• 2 months later...
On 2/8/2021 at 3:13 PM, totty79 said:

Oil threads are notorious for everyone having a preference.

75ml in 5L of any trials specific 2 stroke oil (it doesn't need to be trials specific, but it's easier than getting into specs and doesn't cost any more)

Gearbox oil, any bike specific gearbox oil, putoline light gear oil would be fine - they don't tend to have a draggy clutch so they don't need one of the more expensive oils.

I'm not far away near Durham and had a 1999 321 about 6 years ago, it might even be my old bike. It was a nice bike, amazing on hills. Check the fork springs, mine were cracked and the used replacements I bought were also cracked so it may be a common problem, I had to get replacements made.

Alright thats good info man cheers. I'm looking for new seals for the forks atm. But now you've said that I'm worried the springs are broken. Where did u get your replacement springs made?(UK)

I'm also looking for a foot peg spring and my rear shock and spring are really thick and hard to move. What would u do with that? Thanks alot for your time.

My springs came from https://springcoil.co.uk/ 

The bike had excessive static sag, when you lifted the front there was a lot of suspension travel, when the spring was removed the cracks were hard to see until you flexed the spring then it was obvious.

Foot peg spring is probably shared with many other bikes.

I'm not sure what you mean about the rear shock, you may just need to reduce the preload as a heavy rider might have maxed it out, or it may have too strong a spring for your weight or the shock might have seized.

I don't remember what shock those bikes have so I don't know if different spring rates are still available for them, but a winder like https://springcoil.co.uk/ could custom make one for you if needed.