I need help

Nial

I have a gas gas txt pro I recently baught and I was told to clean the carb when I got it which I did. I went to put the carb back on and noticed it wouldn’t properly attached to the air box and now the bike isles perfect but when I give it throttle fast it bogs. Is this because there is too much air getting to the carb as the air box won’t attach or do I am have another problem 

If the carb is a DellOrto, then at the air inlet end of the carb, there is a cast stub that fits inside the rubber boot that connects the carb to the air filter. There is probably a black rubber sleeve that fits over the carb stub, sometimes, the sleeve gets pushed up into the the rubber boot and the carb is unable to be made air tight at that end. Have a look at this and see if this is the case. A photo would help. Alternatively, if the rubber sleeve is in place on the carb, then it is best to clamp up to this end first, the air inlet side of the carb, before trying to fit the carb to the inlet manifold rubber. Bye, Peter B.

• Like 3

In addition to what peterb suggests, use a heat-gun/hair-drier to warm and soften the rubber between the carb and the airbox before pushing the carb outlet into the reed-block input. Basically you're trying to stretch the rubber snorkel.