No fan...rectifier or capacitor?

hoodie2

Hi....got an 06 SY250 with no fan. Fan works off a direct 12v battery feed but not from the bike's power supply. Wiring has been modified but looks okay and the ignition side is fine. Was thinking regulator for the fan but it looks like it has a rectifier and a capicitor in the circuit. Anyone know how to eliminate one or the other or which is most likely to be the culprit? Thanks in advance.

Edited by hoodie2

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that bridging the thermostat wires makes no difference. The bike runs fine otherwise. What I'm wondering is do failures of the fan condenser and failures of the rectifier have different symptoms. I'm trying to eliminate one. The fan doesn't seem to activate at all. If it was just a condenser fault would I get the fan running intermittently?

Also only have a cheap multimeter so not able to measure the fan condenser capacitance. On a 2k ohm resistance setting though the condenser will charge to open circuit on either polarity. I think that tells me the capaciter is good so I'm leaning towards thinking the rectifier is not giving me enough voltage dc. That sound reasonable?

Edited by hoodie2

Replaced the rectifier and still only getting 3v dc and no fan. I'm now thinking the rectifier converts ac to dc but the condensor is whats boosting the voltage. Will have to try a known good condenser. Anyone know what value the fan capacitor should be? Might be able to test it at work with a better meter.