Alpina 116

Lee halsall

9 hours ago, feetupfun said:

I would love to be able to buy that tank from you or swap for one of my 115/116/137/138 tanks, but there is a law preventing sending second hand tanks from the UK to Australia.

I’ve been surprised in the past by Australian laws/rules ,quite draconian compared to the UK , but wouldn’t the cost of carriage be prohibitive? A couple of people got in touch after I posted the photos of the tank on the Bultaco Facebook page . They’re interested in buying it and a chap offered a 116 tank . Still awaiting photos of that . Have you an idea what a reasonable price for my tank would be ? I had thought of asking for mine what the price of the 116 is ,should it be OK .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee halsall said:

I’ve been surprised in the past by Australian laws/rules ,quite draconian compared to the UK , but wouldn’t the cost of carriage be prohibitive? A couple of people got in touch after I posted the photos of the tank on the Bultaco Facebook page . They’re interested in buying it and a chap offered a 116 tank . Still awaiting photos of that . Have you an idea what a reasonable price for my tank would be ? I had thought of asking for mine what the price of the 116 is ,should it be OK .

Your idea of a swap sounds sensible.

I've bought quite a few trials bike fuel tanks from overseas (UK, USA and France) and I'm not alone in doing that so I guess postage cost is not prohibitive to a motivated person.

Your tank would be amongst the best (unrestored, original) of its type I've seen. If your tank was here it would sell quickly for $AU200-$300 (GBP 100-150).