Torque settings needed- 74 TY250 A

Tillerman6

Guys- I have most of the torque settings in a shop manual for a B model, but I don't have the torque setting for the 4 aluminum cylinder hold down female bolts.  Anybody? these are soft aluminum with a hex shaped top (4 each) if that helps- Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Tillerman6 said:

Guys- I have most of the torque settings in a shop manual for a B model, but I don't have the torque setting for the 4 aluminum cylinder hold down female bolts.  Anybody? these are soft aluminum with a hex shaped top (4 each) if that helps- Thanks in advance!

Hi Mr T,

PM me your e mail address again, and I can send you the torque settings chart for the TY250A.

• Andy changed the title to Torque settings needed- 74 TY250 A
2 hours ago, Tillerman6 said:

OK- with the help of Magesty- The torque setting for the 4 aluminum hold down bolts in the cylinder are listed as 4.2 to 4.5 m-kg this comes out to 30-32ft pounds of tonque on those aluminum tube nuts!!  That seems like a lot to me- Soound right to you ?

12 hours ago, Tillerman6 said:

OK- with the help of Magesty- The torque setting for the 4 aluminum hold down bolts in the cylinder are listed as 4.2 to 4.5 m-kg this comes out to 30-32ft pounds of tonque on those aluminum tube nuts!!  That seems like a lot to me- Soound right to you ?

I figure that some people don't do them up tight enough because on a TY250D I bought, it developed a base gasket leak that stopped leaking when I re-tightened those nuts