Golfer's elbow

Sum

The doctors will tell you it`s golfers elbow etc. Send  you to physical therapy. Give you shots. Tell you to quit doing the things that you do. Flat out lie to you. Never really help you at all. I heard every damn story in the book. Mine was actually work related from my late thirty`s to late forties. Which did not matter, I just wanted to stop it from being worse. It started to affect my riding at about 51 years old. and continued until I could not even turn the ignition in my work truck. That was when I knew It had become critical when I had to ask my laborer to start my truck!  Of course that was when the virus was just starting and it was impossible to see a doctor. I finally got in last June. Finally a DR. with a brain, 5 minutes in he tells me I need surgery as my muscles have atrophied and need  ulnar nerve transposition surgery. I had surgery on my right elbow on 9/11/20 and 4 weeks later on my left. I will never be the same, but at least I am getting stronger instead of getting weaker all the time. Here I am 61 years old and getting better after 10 years of being put off even though I had insurance to pay for the surgery. Good luck. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have battled tennis elbow on right arm and golfers elbow on my left arm.

If you talk to different people, they will tell you about their miracle cure.  Like getting acupuncture 3 times and it is gone.  After battling tennis elbow for 2 years of physio and bands, needles, i believe it really depends on what caused the issue.

Here's what finally worked for me on my tennis elbow.  I did 3 sets of 5 with heavy zottman curls 3 times per week.  This is where you curl the weight up as normal (palm up), rotate your hand at the top for palms down (key!), and slowly lower the weight.  The lowering will be painful but not unbearable.  It has something to do with remodeling the tissue.  Start light and work your way up over time to a heavy set of 5.

Did the same for my left arm golfer's elbow by just doing heavy arm curls, palms up, going slowly on the lowering and working through the pain.

Key is using a heavy weight and low reps.

Rest will make it feel good, but never fixed my problems.