Sherco 250 99-05 rear mudguard

PoppinWhoolies

I got a new mudguard because the old one was held together by the sticker

The old one was bent over the exhaust I assume from crashes 

1837622957_Oldmudguard.thumb.jpeg.f8cea769a79b6a2702522f8fcde9c337.jpeg

The new one does not reach the mounts because it is obstructed by the exhaust. I have considered cutting a notch out or just forcing it over but wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue?

1743440238_Newmudguard.thumb.jpeg.49c7f488b11df75c7af9e21114bc27f1.jpeg

99 and 2000 had different exhausts. 01-05 all had the same exhaust and mudguards. You have the right mudguard for your bike. They did run close, but didnt obstruct as much as yours is. I think your exhaust has just had a good bend upwards over the years

Edited by faussy

1 hour ago, faussy said:

99 and 2000 had different exhausts. 01-05 all had the same exhaust and mudguards. You have the right mudguard for your bike. They did run close, but didnt obstruct as much as yours is. I think your exhaust has just had a good bend upwards over the years

Great, thanks for the information. I can work with that

Now you mention it, it is very obviously bent upwards. Is it a bad idea to try and persuade it back? I'd rather try that than cut into my spanking new mudguard

20210310_150445.thumb.jpg.ac721d25c9e04f3d89df50968dd00a70.jpg

Edited by PoppinWhoolies

I don't know, i think you would need a good bit of heat applied. And maybe don't do it while its on the bike, wouldn't want you breaking one of the mounting lugs

Edited by faussy

Those mufflers are made out of quite soft aluminum and can be Gently tweaked back to  shape once removed from the bike. Use a solid piece of wood for a backing support and slowly and carefully massage it back with a wooden and or a rubber mallet....keep ''trial'' fitting on bike as you go , can lightly fine tune once mounted but be careful as damage to mounting brackets and treaded holes can result if you get over zealous  (as faussy mentioned)  Should not need to use heat unless its already been done several times before and its work hardened the material. :)

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, pauls320 said:

Those mufflers are made out of quite soft aluminum and can be Gently tweaked back to  shape once removed from the bike. Use a solid piece of wood for a backing support and slowly and carefully massage it back with a wooden and or a rubber mallet....keep ''trial'' fitting on bike as you go , can lightly fine tune once mounted but be careful as damage to mounting brackets and treaded holes can result if you get over zealous  (as faussy mentioned)  Should not need to use heat unless its already been done several times before and its work hardened the material. :)

Worked perfectly and the mudguard fits now

• Like 2