Marzocchi TXT Pro fork parts

Shady05

I'm in the process of rebuilding a 2006 TXT Pro 300 that has been lying in my garage for a few years. I split the forks to do a simple oil and seals change but it has become a bit less straight forward.

I haven't serviced forks on a trials bike before but have serviced forks on road based bikes several times. When I split the gas gas forks, I noticed the springs are coated in red paint and this has all started to flake off and obviously contaminate the oil as well. This seems like a silly finish to have on a fork spring. Are these aftermarket springs?

One of the forks also has a broken shim (RHS fork). I'm not sure if I was a bit rough removing the cartridge (it wasn't easy to disassemble as parts were jammed together with the ground up paint from the spring) or if it was broken in there all along. Where can I get parts for these forks? I've been googling and found a parts diagram but the part numbers show up as discontinued/out of stock everywhere.  

IMG_20210320_201146.jpg

IMG_20210320_200917.jpg

IMG_20210320_142625.jpg

IMG_20210320_142858.jpg

18 hours ago, arnoux said:

Non standard finish on the fork springs, stock ones are not painted.

These files may help you with parts numbers.

GAS GAS RAGA aluminum 06.pdfFetching info... Marzochhi forks Parts.pdfFetching info...

Thanks for the diagrams. I've had a look for the part numbers and can't seem to find anywhere that actually stocks them. 

Hopefully this doesn't become a major issue! 

I too have Marzocchi forks on one of my TXTs, and parts for those forks are difficult to source. I've heard others have had some success finding equivalent parts at pedal-bike shops as Marzocchi forks are/were used on some high-end mountain bikes. Try the Trials Bike Breaker in the UK. Ohlins seems to offer a good supply of parts for their products, and you might be able to source an equivalent part from them.

Oh, yes, the paint covered springs are after-market and are clearly a bad design; OEM springs are unpainted.

Edited by d2w

Thanks for that d2w. 

I had thought of the bike shops regarding the fork parts and I see Marzocchi have an approved vendor in the UK so I'll try that if all else fails. There's a guy here in Ireland I've used for suspension rebuilds in the past so maybe he can check if it's the same as another manufacturer part as I have the dimensions. 

It would be ideal if they were available direct from a shop online though. The part number actually shows us on Greenlandmx.eu website but its out of stock. I'm still waiting on a reply to see if they can get it for me. 

• 1 year later...

Screenshot_20230109_191415_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a432bd5d43b1305468cfff09cb1d53e7.jpgShady, I have just found the same issue with a broken shim, but I'm not exactly sure where mine fell out of....

Where did you get the shim in the end,  I'm based in Ireland also.. 

Thank you

Edited by garydwall