Longer kickstarter?

Stuckagain

Probably my dumbest question yet, but big-bore two-stroke Beta Zero with short left-hand-side kick-starter doesn't make for easy firing up. 1) Are there longer kick start levers available? 2) If so, does it make them easier to start? Or do i just carry around a folding step ladder?

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/25/2021 at 10:35 AM, Stuckagain said:

Probably my dumbest question yet, but big-bore two-stroke Beta Zero with short left-hand-side kick-starter doesn't make for easy firing up. 1) Are there longer kick start levers available? 2) If so, does it make them easier to start? Or do i just carry around a folding step ladder?

I know what you mean.  I have a 2000 Rev3 270, and that thing seems like a beast to start.  I've been considering something like a cylinder head spacer to lesson the compression a little.  I hear that makes them a little easier to start.  I don't mind a reduction in power, as it's got more than enough power for me already, as this is my first trials bike, and I'm coming from a 250 4 stroke trail bike.

I think the problem you may run into is fitment.  I know with mine it probably wouldn't fully retract into the frame in which case I'd catch my leg on it all the time.  

Just an idea, but it might be easiest (if you have the room) to have one made.  Buy a replacement lever and cut it and have a welder lengthen it.