Ossa cutting out when at cetain temp

scubadaz

You can try Trials and Tribulations though not sure how far from Manchester they are. It is unusual for an Ossa to cut out at a certain temp. There is no temp cut out that I am aware of, there is a temp sensor for coolant (perhaps on the 2012 model onwards) and a temp sensor for the fueling algorithm. Are you sure there is not another problem? What are the symptoms, what is happening? Engine running is easily affected by corroded connectors in the wiring loom, particularly  at the ECU. Do not scrape these with a screwdriver as they were gold plated and can be easily scratched off. To clean the ECU plug/socket, spray with a contact cleaner like Wurth type OL. Can also be a problem with the fuel pump system, check the fuel pressure exiting the pump, should be around 50 psi. By this time of life, the fuel pump filter may be blocked, also the pump itself may be partially choked, check the small inlet orifice at the bottom of the pump, not easy to see. The pump is difficult to get to as it is in the bottom of the fuel tank, I can't remember if we had to remove the motor to get to it or not, been a few years ago. Bye, Peter B.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m 99% certain the engine has to come out to service fuel filter/fuel pump.  I’ve done it, although awhile ago also.  The packaging is nice that way, but makes it a pain when a simple filter change.

I always filtered the fuel on the bikes- just to make sure fuel was a clean as possible.

I use a fibreglass brush made just for cleaning connectors. I have not heard of any coil/stator problems at all on these, although both can rear their heads at higher temps.  Another thing to check- how much current is the fan drawing?  Perhaps if way too much it could cause problems.

best way to find out is connect diagnostics software and test everything when up to temp.