Which forks fit a TXT 2001?

JonM

I know, incredibly broad question so I'll elaborate:

The forks on my 2001 TXT are in a bad way and probably beyond saving. 

Would forks from any other bikes be suitable? (So 38mm, correct length and compatible with existing front wheel + caliper?). 

I've read that Paoili 38mm were also fitted on Sherco and Beta, so could examples from those bikes fit? 

Cheers! 

I don't know if forks from other makes would fit, you can only measure them up and try. But in the mid 1990's GG used Paioli conventional 38 dia forks in their bikes. Have you tried asking one of the trials bike breakers what they have in stock? Bye, Peter B.

Hi Peter, thanks for your reply. 

I've trawled eBay looking for 38mm forks for Gasgas, Sherco & Beta. I've found a few sets but none of the breakers (so far) have been able to say whether they'd fit. 

Even if they're the same length they'd need to be happy with the same clamps, as well as the wheel + spindle. 

Later Sherco forks (c.2009) look to have the same casting but unless somebody knows for sure it's an expensive experiment. 

38mm forks, if the right length will fit your yolks.

Your next issue is to make sure you get the spindle for those forks.

If the spindle is too big or too small in diameter for your wheel, there will be a pair of bearings to fit.

My Montesa 315r has a Jotagas wheel, different bearings and 40mm Marzochhi forks and spindle from a Gas gas with different headstock bearings.

It's all possible :)