Jotagas 2013 clutch basket

Rob1985

I'm currently putting a new clutch in my bike, but on removal of the old clutch Ive noticed the clutch basket has some play in it, probably 1-2 mm does any one know if this is normal? Or am I looking at new bearings? I noticed it's a allen bolt holding it in which look like a pain to remove. Any help is appreciated

The outer, driven clutch basket runs on a needle roller bearing 25x33x20, they usually have a bit of free play when new. The clutch centre on these can be an unusually loose fit, the centre is held in place by the M10 Allen bolt plus washer. If you have a close look, the washer does not come up against the centre so when the M10 bolt is tightened, there is tension on the shaft but the centre is allowed to rock. I made up a hefty washer to allow the M10 bolt to pull up against the clutch centre to get some of the slop out of the clutch. Hope this helps. Bye, Peter B.

• Like 1

That's right PETERB ! I make a washer in duraluminium with a 2 mm step who when tightened comes against the center and very recommended Loctite the M10  and torque ! Pulling out the basket is a bit tricky so better don't touch it ,the ¨axial play  ¨ is quite normal .Put in mine a S3 kit for Gasgas and everything is ok !!

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, if its normal for a little play in the basket I will leave well alone before I break something! I'll fit the new clutch and check everything again after several oil changes and see if theres any change with it.