Starting from Scratch

prosmart

Greetings from sunny Brisbane!

My son in law and I have a number of TY175's in various stages of build and a single TY250 that we are planning to put a chair on. He is a competitive solo rider (B grade from memory) whilst I'm a complete trials novice but been riding solo and outfits all my life.

We have been searching for ages around the net for info on building your own chair from scratch and have come up mostly blank.

Apart from telling us we're crazy, can anyone point us at some decent information - either online or printed. There's very few chairs active here in Aus and not a lot of info.

Cheers

Nigel.

From memory there is a set of dimensioned basic drawings in the MA M.O.M.S that show the size requirements for competition trials sidecars in Australia.

Also pretty sure that Ron Chadwick (Brisbane) has a sidecar on a TY250 twinshock that you could probably arrange to measure up.

Another one for a TY250 twinshock (further away though) is owned by Peter Paice (Newcastle NSW). Peter's TY250 that the sidecar fits is currently at my place in Gladstone so if it helps I could send photos of the attachment points on the bike.

• Thanks 1

Nigel this is what the Peter Paice TY250 frame sidecar looks like.

If you are seeking current design philosophy for trials sidecars rather than what people used in the 1970s, Justin Gough would be a good local to talk to

P1010156.JPG

P1010157.JPG

P1010158.JPG

P1010159.JPG

P1010160.JPG

P1010161.JPG

• Like 1