Why are used Sherco relatively cheaper?

JonM

37 minutes ago, Glayne said:

I could be just as suspicious of a dealer masking a problem as a private sale. I swapped bikes with my neighbour last weekend from my 2012 gas gas 280 to his 2016 Sherco 300, I liked it, no complaints just not as smooth off the bottom. I wouldn't choose a 300 but certainly wouldn't shy away from one as used trials bikes are sparse around here. He has not had any problems with it although it is new to him this year, I think it might be the best looking trials bike out there for whatever that is worth!

I worked for both Ford and Jaguar/Land Rover dealers and fortunately can say we never hid anything mechanical. Cosmetic, yep, but never mechanical. 

I'd hope a dealer would be legit... And versus the guy I bought my Gasgas from, well, it couldn't possibly be that bad! 

I've gone ahead and bought now so fingers crossed, eh? 

Thank you everybody for your input. 

Well I wish you all the best. You sound pretty level headed and you’ve got yourself the upgrade you wanted. To be honest, a lot of what’s said about this bike & that, is a load of tosh from people who think they know, but actually aren’t necessarily talented or knowledgeable in terms of the technical side of things. They just repeat what others say. I’m just a plodder, i do what to me seems like good maintenance and preparation, and if I see results where me & my old evo have beaten some poser with all the new gear on a new bike then it makes me smile 😁.  It was the same years ago when I had a 200 mont & the mono yams came out. The joy was in the ‘trial’ - can I beat the guy on clearly better machinery. It’s always been part of the joy of this sport, me against the rest, no ‘team mates’ to blame, just me, my bike, my prep, my performance. And always good banter between the rest of the entry. Those (posers ?) who think they can buy the latest equipment and be instantly successful soon get fed up & go onto some other sport. 
Good luck and above all enjoy this wonderful friendly sport. There’s not many sports where beginners can mix with the experts and even sometimes the almost ‘celebrity’ participants for a great day out. It’s a joy to be part of it.