Hodaka custom trail 1970

larry s. k.

Hi ,  you all ,  a  1970 hodaka  ace 100 , ,, custom mf to road toad , , with big sprocket ,  big Han bars ,, will just about crawl , it was a frame  up ,,project . Just got the shifting working , working on orig tank , is next .. , the parts market is hot ,, right now , original parts are Exp$$$ , went on trail riding today , for hour , ,,,

C12A360D-6AE8-4906-BC04-271381E594E1.jpeg

CF8E8397-39A5-44A1-A238-56007A53439D.jpeg

2ACECFF9-BCC2-4FAF-A347-6F83913F0C39.jpeg

1E53331D-9D80-4C87-BBF4-1AC7598C4650.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks reply feetupfun , , the hodaka did well  was great ride , ther was 4x4 tracks , ,  hear and there  , ruts ,   Rear shocks are little stiff  , ther not stock , , noticed I was out of shape , have not ridden in woods for a while , will practice more  , cheers 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, larry s. k. said:

Hi ,  you all ,  a  1970 hodaka  ace 100 , ,, custom mf to road toad , , with big sprocket ,  big Han bars ,, will just about crawl , it was a frame  up ,,project . Just got the shifting working , working on orig tank , is next .. , the parts market is hot ,, right now , original parts are Exp$$$ , went on trail riding today , for hour , ,,,

2ACECFF9-BCC2-4FAF-A347-6F83913F0C39.jpeg

I have a slightly OT question: Do you know what brand that universal plastic tank is?

Hi farmer58za . Tank , It’s often sold on eBay  cheep ,, these bikes when brand new in 1970 ish cost  500. USD .now in the states  a collectors   ,  this bike is related to super rat , hodaka ,,  , it’s a 50 year old bike , heaps of fun ,cheers 

2 hours ago, technowaldo said:

Pile of sh.te in my eyes

Every body has an opinion , , I don’t see my self ,,, purchasing  brand new 10k bike  ,, I have so many  I can’t keep count , really  larry ,,cheers 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, farmer58za said:

I have a slightly OT question: Do you know what brand that universal plastic tank is?

From memory (gawd I'm old) that's a Pacifico universal plastic tank, haven't seen one in decades.

Edited by motovita

20 hours ago, larry s. k. said:

Hi farmer58za . Tank , It’s often sold on eBay  cheep ,, these bikes when brand new in 1970 ish cost  500. USD .now in the states  a collectors   ,  this bike is related to super rat , hodaka ,,  , it’s a 50 year old bike , heaps of fun ,cheers 

Thanks Larry s.k.  and motovita

Thanks for the replies. Yes, they sold thousands of those in the early '70s, especially in the US. Every now and again, one pops up here in the UK. I'm looking for one to finish a project...

Enjoy your Hodaka, you can make those things fly!

Regards

2 hours ago, guy53 said:

The last few years Mick Andrews came to our club for our Vintage Fest, he was riding a super nice Hodaka for the trials.

Guy 

Is that the Ormstown Vintage Fest?   If so, I was there in 2016, invited by Helmut Clasen who was competing in the Cross Country. I was working in Montreal and took a trip out there for the weekend. I met Mick Andrews, but I missed the trials event. 

David

Hi , larry  hear , whow mick andrews on a hodaka , ,  , in states ,,Oregon  club gathers once a year , hodaka days , , I just put  this bike together , to ride , original parts are , frame  rear wheel exhaust ,  cables , ! . I  purchased on ebay front wheel  assembly ,21 inch new tire tube spindle brake hub neck bearings forks triple tree , big aftermarket Handel bars , and this running engine , new chain , sprocket   air filter with road toad ,, front fender  ass ,, aftermarket universal seat fuel line fuel filter one can industrial spray paint 220 sand paper the hole frame ,,,, and  fuel tank original road toad ,on the bench being repaired ,  all purchased on ebay ! it’s not show bike , it’s a dirt bike saved from scrap , some one threw it away  , a couple owners ago ,a bike I could see it was ridden hard and tossed ,,we drove 8 hours from north wash. To Vancouver wash , to purchase ,for 100. With title ,seller decided to just give bike free upon its previous condition ,,,next my bro, is driving on  another week end trip to pick up  another ,  hodaka ,super rat ,project ,  a runner in ruff ,condition I ,,,already purchased early air filter assembly ,with super rat logo  and gave it to him   I have lots to do , hope you can understand my  English 101 ,,,cheers,,,,,,,larry 

Edited by larry s. k.
More info
  • Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 8:37 AM, farmer58za said:

There is this tank on ebay at moment

is it the same ?

Screenshot (206).png