If you'd bought it, what would you do?

JonM

6 hours ago, lineaway said:

My boy had a 2012 250 with the delorto rear tank model. IT had less than 10 hours on the bike from a novice rider. Like new. It was a dog , I had a kiehin so ordered a manifold for thw bgger carb. The vacuum i take was a joke. It just would no pull any fuel. That 2012 the frame was like spagehtti. The head stay from frame to engine, we would lose that bolt no matter what, I finally double nutted it and red loctite. Any how that vacuum system is someting to run from. I could go on but this post would be deleted.

It does seem a little complex but I suppose less so than a 4RT with the capacitor & efi? 

People do seem to have trouble with fuelling on these, even with jets getting clogged despite filters + care. 

I'm actually really sorry it's going back but better that then stripping the carb, sourcing a replacement inlet manifold and maybe considering crank seals... 

So once I'm refunded I'm back on the bike hunt! 

On 5/6/2021 at 9:31 AM, JonM said:

Perhaps, but moving between 2 & 4 stroke motocross requires a different style (bikes feel different in the corners and engine braking requires different approach to jumps), and a big v-twin feels very different to a 600, and again a 1000cc four.

I was a better 600 rider as I had a better feel for the front and carried good corner speed, but was weak on exit and didn't like the back moving. 

It was a comparison between the nuances of different machines and adapting, not saying experience of one discipline compared to another. 

Fair point, though in this analogy it's a bit more like comparing a Fireblade to an R1, both behave in a similar manner on the track, have similar power and features, but the 'subtle' differences between them can make the difference between loving or hating the bike even if you adjust your technique.  I really hated my R1.

On 5/7/2021 at 1:36 AM, lineaway said:

My boy had a 2012 250 with the delorto rear tank model. IT had less than 10 hours on the bike from a novice rider. Like new. It was a dog , I had a kiehin so ordered a manifold for thw bgger carb. The vacuum i take was a joke. It just would no pull any fuel. That 2012 the frame was like spagehtti. The head stay from frame to engine, we would lose that bolt no matter what, I finally double nutted it and red loctite. Any how that vacuum system is someting to run from. I could go on but this post would be deleted.

Why would any post on specific issues youve had be deleted?

On 5/7/2021 at 8:02 AM, JonM said:

I emailed the dealer Monday at midday (by then I was already back home thanks to the bike not running) and having not heard, called him yesterday. 

Based on our call it was all very civil and he's agreed a refund. Possibly they knew there was an issue, possibly they're just being responsible dealers. 

We're going to speak again Monday to confirm the return but assuming it goes ahead as described I'll let everyone know who they are, and give them 5 stars on Google. 

I'm disappointed but they have a business to run and I completely understand this is costing them money. 

I can reccomend a dealer in Yorkshire who can let you try a few bikes BEFORE you buy?

• Thanks 1