No spark when trying to start hot.

A_ekis

hello, I have a vertigo replica Fajardo 300. I had problems with the crankshaft bearings, and since I changed them, my motorcycle when it wants it does not have a spark in the spark plug when it is hot. In motion it never stops, but when trying to start when it seems to it, it does not spark. any ideas to look at?

I think you mean the high voltage coil. Right now she's my main suspect. I had an isolated fault in the spark plug wire, I changed the wire, but I don't know if it is possible that the problem with the wire also annoyed the high tension coil.

I continue with my problem, I have discarded the high coil trying another equal and nothing, I have also tried with another regulator and with no luck.

hot still without spark.

However, if I connect a 12v battery to the auxiliary voltage socket, it starts up perfectly. So it is making me doubt the capacitor, but it has 3 cables and I don't know how to measure it, nor do I have another one to test (they ask me for € 180 at the dealer because it says that it comes with all the cables ...)

• 1 month later...
Il 12/5/2021 alle 16:33, A_ekis ha detto:

Continuo con il mio problema, ho scartato la bobina alta provandone un'altra uguale e niente, ho provato anche con un altro regolatore e senza fortuna.

ancora caldo senza scintilla.

Tuttavia, se collego una batteria da 12v alla presa di tensione ausiliaria, si avvia perfettamente. Quindi mi fa dubitare del condensatore, ma ha 3 cavi e non so misurarlo, né ho un altro da testare (mi serve 180€ in concessionaria perché dice che viene fornito con tutti cavi...)

Did you finally solve the problem?