Evo 4t chain

rrefugee

Dont laugh, I feel pretty stupid asking this. It's a newbie thing.

I'm going to replace both sprockets and the chain on my 4t. Is there something special about a 4t chain? Looking on Ebay there are tons of Beta specific chains listed but they all say "not for use on 4t". Trials Superstore and The Trials Shop have chains, all are listed as 520 chains, but all have different numbers of links. What chain do I need? I'm using 10/42 sprockets.

3 hours ago, rrefugee said:

Dont laugh, I feel pretty stupid asking this. It's a newbie thing.

I'm going to replace both sprockets and the chain on my 4t. Is there something special about a 4t chain? Looking on Ebay there are tons of Beta specific chains listed but they all say "not for use on 4t". Trials Superstore and The Trials Shop have chains, all are listed as 520 chains, but all have different numbers of links. What chain do I need? I'm using 10/42 sprockets.

Well if you are ordering the same sprockets then count the number of links on your existing chain. It`s much easier to own a chain breaker, then you can cut a chain to fit. Just order a chain at the best deal, longer than your original.

yes its not a special chain but is a special length you need a half link fitting to get the correct length 

Your Beta importer should have this chain ready to go on the shelf OEM regina very good quality last ages 

Edited by MIckyT

IRIS 520 RXL  chain, 1/2 links and master links readily available in the USA    I would purchase   1    x     chain 106 link          1      x       1 and 1/2 link          and     3 extra master links

Thank you all for helping me out.  I have a chain ordered, a 1/2 link is another story.  They sell for 7-9 dollars but they want 25-32 dollars to ship. I need to find one with a more reasonable shipping cost. The chain on the bike dosen't have a 1/2 link so maybe I can go without one.