Handlebar Rise

matgriff

Hi all. I need to get some additional height on the bars of my 2009 290. The current setup seems to be standard Sherco "fat bars"  what options are available to me ?  Can I get some different clamps with longer bolts or do I need to swap out for a pair of aftermarket Renthal bars or similar ?

Standard setup pictured here:

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

Hey Mat, you can make your own with some flatbar and longer bolts. Or, apico and CSP make the same thing. I put a set of S3 risers on my 290 and they can also move the bars slightly forwards or backwards. I think it brought the rise up to 1-1.5” if I recall correctly. You don’t need to replace your bars unless you absolutely want to (I didn’t). I can definitely recommend the s3 risers from personal experience:

https://shop-s3.com/gb/home/51-adjustable-handlebar-clamps-s3.html

hope it helps! I can’t seem to find any pictures of when I had them mounted on my bike, sorry

On 5/18/2021 at 11:40 PM, jackman290 said:

Hey Mat, you can make your own with some flatbar and longer bolts. Or, apico and CSP make the same thing. I put a set of S3 risers on my 290 and they can also move the bars slightly forwards or backwards. I think it brought the rise up to 1-1.5” if I recall correctly. You don’t need to replace your bars unless you absolutely want to (I didn’t). I can definitely recommend the s3 risers from personal experience:

https://shop-s3.com/gb/home/51-adjustable-handlebar-clamps-s3.html

hope it helps! I can’t seem to find any pictures of when I had them mounted on my bike, sorry

I'm a fan of those S3 bar clamps due to the 13 mm rise and fore and aft adjustability, they worked a treat for me on my GG, enabling me to keep the std Renthal fat bar which I like. Did not like their "Buffalo Bars" however, I tried these before discovering their bar clamps.