Chain oiler adjustment.

MrToad

Hope It's not a bother, but could someone post a photo of their chain oiler adjustment screw? I've put in about 4 hours trying to make one that will seal up when tightened down. Does it have a tapered seat, or like a carb air screw? I've flushed it out and installed a screw just to keep water and dirt out for now.  I know there are suppose to be no such thing as a stupid question so if I become a distraction let me know.  Thanks in advance. 

37 minutes ago, b40rt said:

If you do get it to work, you will discover it oils the chain, rim, tyre, mudguard and your back......

That states all you need to know, even in very very muddy events they would not make sense as you emberass the environment with them.

A solution still clogging not only the chain but too the rest of the bike would be chain oil on wax or PTFE basis that is at least easy to wipe away and works quite good, a drop each minute I would think is all you need. 

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...