Shoulder op

teamferret

I dislocated my shoulder last year, I now have a pair after being high sided off my enduro bike 25 years ago. This one is causing me more problems though and I want to do something about it. My area NHS does not operate on this condition so I've been looking at going private. Had anybody any experience or recommendations? I asked both the ACU and the AMCA but neither had the courtesy to reply!!

Professor Funk (Shoulder Doc)  https://www.shoulderdoc.co.uk/article/240#staticlink has a private pratcice in Manchester but also holds a NHS post at Wrightington hospital near Wigan which is a dedicated orthopeadic hospital. Funk has performed surgery on several high profile sport stars including I think Cal Crutchlow.

Wrightington (Prof Funks team) replaced my left shoulder in 2011, AC joint excision, ACJ decompression and Bicep tendonisis, putting right the butchery of my previous surgery.

Edited by hughesy
spelling

It was in really bad shape the operation was about 4 hours as there were several things wrong.

Its better than it has been for 15 years, and so much so once completely healed about 8 months later the left one felt suspect!

It wasnt cheap but at the time i was insured. Big benefit to elect when, but in my case i had to have it done asap which was a few weeks later.

My only warning would be it hurt so much after i was on morphine for 3/4 days. It was done with a nerve block bit like an epidural which lasted 18 hours, after that i was close to buying fentynyl off the street.

Great now.

• Like 2