No stop

midlife

10 hours ago, baldilocks said:

I think perhaps time may be useful to get people to ride non stop if that's what riders and organisers want ? Ease the severity make the sections longer and reversing or stopping increases the risk of running out of time. It's not traditional trials but it may be a reasonable solution?

I think its more about riders being able to mess around at their own leisure in the section, all while large ques are developing.  Its annoying for both riders and spectators when a rider is stationary for a long period of time whilst deliberating what move to make next, then also allowing reversing which makes (in my opinion) a mockery of the section just adds to the annoyance. Trials is not Enduro and should never be focused solely around time, but introducing a time limit is a step towards keeping the riders moving through the sections.

On consideration I'd keep the 60 second time limit then add an optional 10 seconds grace at the cost of 1 mark to give the riders a chance to get through the sections safely.