Rebuild a 250 Alpina 1974 type 115

Divouneh

I change the front sprocket, the original one were probably smaller  ....

As I have a new rear sprocket in spare  (not yet installed) I will buy a new chain and have a complet new set. The idea to keep the original rear sprocket and chain was to reduce my expenses 😏...  

• 2 weeks later...

I am working in the left side, needs the carburetor and clutch cable (next job in the schedule 😊).

I have a lot to do in the right side: tightening and adjusting the clutch, exhaust to install with custom parts. 

The next main goal is to fire the engine and do few feet's  ( ☺️) to checks the gears. After I will install the  12 volts  electrical circuit ...

101276427_IMG_1438(1).thumb.JPG.79bf3576b81c4065bfbf0c5160c96a08.JPG

• 1 month later...

Left side is done, the air filter will be change after the first running tests.

Now time to adjust the clutch, in my procedure I need the kick start and set properly the clutch screws to get the plates parallel... locking with wire and closing the cover. 

IMG_1590.thumb.JPG.32c3b120b6cde0eed169055ee15d014c.JPG

• 3 months later...

First firing today 😀, I did few runs in my street to check the gears.

So glad to succeed this step, the lighting coil reading is 14 volts as loading a battery (new electronic ignition).

I have some issues, probably the carburetor setting, but I will find the new motivation to finish this bike.

IMG_2095.thumb.JPG.22cf9652977df2b64a05b5fabdd43c5a.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today new jets for the carburetor, air filter, lights  connected for tests. Without battery you need to proceed the electrical tests when running 😉....

Great progress, engin is now running without choke, restart easily, final adjustment will be done with the final exhaust. Tail light has some minor issues as loose contacts, ... 

Time to complete the electrical harness with switches, Side covers, handle grips before installing the gas tank and seat. Removing the zip - ties used for the tests. 

Next important target will be the pictures and files to apply for a Vermont registration. 

IMG_2140.thumb.JPG.4a71d61ca91a58f628706464d3226c9c.JPG

• 1 month later...

Waooh 🤣, first real run today with little dirt 🙂: This bike is amazing 😋...

Of course all is not perfect: gas tank went to close to the exhaust 🤥, idling is not clean 😒, front brake needs some adjustments 😌. Nothing very difficult .

We are far from the Japanese bike, good boots and the gears are going well 😏. Waiting my side covers and I will send my application for the registration... 2 years after the first post 😬.

IMG_2266.thumb.JPG.c0515376ad31f01e950c0e348e1dc612.JPG

• Like 1

Funny, don't forget to fill the gas tank for the carburetor adjustment 😝. During the first tests,  the idling was not stable, I refilled the fuel and have now a much better situation. Starting cold or starting hot is easy 😏. Brakes are working now 🥶...

I installed shorter rear shocks (320 mm now were 340), I am short and starting is easier, look is better for me (more trial style). 

I bought a kit ignition and 12dc supply for the Bultaco: https://www.electrexworld.co.uk/acatalog/STK-154L.html

I did the electrical harness myself. Easy, I always have lights, the head light came from Ebay... I have no battery which is not with US request for street legal bike (some state have no inspection for Motorcycle). This bike will never spend a long road in the street...