Fitting newer tank and mudguards...

waxedwaves

So how much difference are the newer Mud guards and tank...

Looking to up date my 2007 4rt and I have seen a few complete sets for sale from 2020 bike...

Will these not fit mine ? Or is it a big job to make them fit...

thanks for the help..👍👍

I have an 07 and a 2017 so here is what I have found.  It is not hard to make a 2014-2018 (I think also the 2019?) fender to fit an 07 but you would be able to tell it was modified near the tank.  However the 2020+ fenders are different again and from what I can see in the pictures not nearly as easy to work with from what I see. 

As for difference the end of the fender is enough smaller on the 2014-2018's that I really prefer the original 07 fender on my 07 over the new type when riding in mud or wet conditions.

Hope that helps. 

Edited by jonnyc21

pre 2015 and pre 2020 swap ok - its just the front edge of the mudguard where it sits on the back edge of the tank.

I also used to run older rear mudguards on my 2015 and newer bikes during winter and practices as better in the mud.

The latter models are quiet a bit different  -  the back of the tank is a little bit higher so the recall there is a taller rubber support needed and the mud catcher/support at the back of the air box is different.

The alternative parts would be available but not sure how it would marry up with the back of an earlier tanks as the new tanks are quite a bit different on the top.