What glue for reapplying stickers?

ksv

Some of the stickers on my GasGas are starting to come away at the edges and have lost there stickiness (I was probably over keen with the jet wash and liberal use of silicone spray afterwards).

What glue is best for sticking them back down before they peal too much and get damaged?

Ideally I want something that is strong enough to reattach them but not too strong that they will never come off again if I decide to replace the stickers at a later date.

I've used evo-stick and it worked well. It is petrol based so is can be removed easily with petrol.  Also I've used double sided tape its easier to feed under the edge of a sticker and press down firmly, then trim off the excess with a knife. 

Edited by richt

Hello ksv, the best results I have had are from using no nonsense spray adhesive from screwfix ( I hope I'm allowed to say this ).

For lifted edges, spray some into the lid or another small container and dab a cotton bud in it, then paint onto the sticker ( clean the area well before ), wait about 30 seconds and then press down. If you need to do a whole decal, just spray the back , wait 30 seconds and carefully position and press it down.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2021 at 8:32 PM, peter_steer said:

Hello ksv, the best results I have had are from using no nonsense spray adhesive from screwfix ( I hope I'm allowed to say this ).

For lifted edges, spray some into the lid or another small container and dab a cotton bud in it, then paint onto the sticker ( clean the area well before ), wait about 30 seconds and then press down. If you need to do a whole decal, just spray the back , wait 30 seconds and carefully position and press it down.

I do exactly the same and its produced good results!