Bike for 7 year old

Luke2

If it was me at 7 I would consider the E-Bikes, and would say an OSET would be a good option as they have several size options depending on the kid.  If your interested in gas bike I really like the Beta 80's but they are a full clutch so that might not work for 7 depending on the kid.  If that is what your after then the Beta Rev 80 Jr might be small enough.  Anything smaller than a Beta 80 Jr for Gas bike and they don't seem to bring them into the US so can't say much to it and I don't know to any other options but the Gas Gas Boy (50cc?) that has an auto clutch but I don't know if they still make them. 

Good luck.

• 3 months later...

Iv a 7yr old riding a Beta 50, 

the frame is heavy and he is only getting used to the clutch,  it’s ok for riding through the mountain roads and fields but trials stuff he struggles with the weight, 

he does have an Oset 20R and he does his trials training on it, ideal for his size, 

would recommend these bikes, 

do not buy a Vertigo 50, I had a brand new version and it gave a lot of trouble ended up having to bring it back to the dealer, 

• Like 1

My 7 year old is on a Beta 80jr (and a KTM 50sr), I bought the Beta used with only 43hrs, we have put on another 20hrs with no problems. The bike is certainly a bit big but with the larger wheels (19" front and 17" rear) it sure takes us places. Glad it has all conventional controls, very light clutch and would be hard to stall taking off in first, takes off in 2nd no problem.  Next year it will fit him even better and be a bike we can hang on to for multiple years. I have been steered away from other gas trials bikes, we had good luck with smaller Oset and Beta electric too, just not the same learning curve to get used to conventional controls. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

All those are junk bikes. ALL of the posts you do is crap. You have no clue where a vin is on a motorcycle and you act like you have some vast knowledge.?,?

Go back to your mothers basement.

Edited by lineaway
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 is a hard age. Just depends on the kids size. You are better off to let them ride bicycles till they are ten or 11. 

I know you want to. My son rode his first event at 2 1/2 years old on a gas powered motorcycle. He was a big kid. PW 50 YAMAHA, then a Beta 50, 3 different ty 80's. A gas gas 80, to a beta 250, 300 Raga, 250 Sherco, 300 4rt beta 300 RR Trs and now a 300 rr Montesa.

Lots of fun, but I could of just waited till he was 11 or 12 when HE really wanted to ride. He just turned 24 and I just bought a 2021 Beta 80 for my 12 year old grandson. So I put the Beta 80 in my sons name hoping that we can make that bike last until he has a son that will learn on it. 

The electrics can be fun at home in the yard  but totally suck at an event once the batteries die. FInd a nice condition ty 80 and just let him have fun until he really wants to ride.

• Like 1