Dave Cooper Bike Rack.

Gaz57

Hello everyone, has anybody out there ever put a Dave cooper bike rack on a Landrover freelander 2 the reason I am asking this is because I"m unsure which rack to go for due to there being no spare wheel on the tailgate, standard car rack or 4x4 ? I have plenty of clearance from bumper with towball, and previously many years ago had one on a ford mondeo which stuck out enough from bumper so just putting it out there, thanks.

If you don't have a spare wheel on the back then you need the "Van / Motor Home Rack"

I have one one my Yeti. and plenty of clearance between handlebar and back window.👍

Edited by richt

I've got a standard autowbar car rack on my Freelander 2. Works perfectly and the FL2 is perfect for carrying the bike. 

Might be worth calling Dave Cooper just to check what the difference is between the senior car rack and the van rack. 

Edited by al_orange

On 6/27/2021 at 3:13 PM, richt said:

If you don't have a spare wheel on the back then you need the "Van / Motor Home Rack"

I have one one my Yeti. and plenty of clearance between handlebar and back window.👍

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Gaz57 said:

Thanks.

I remember when I bought mine I rang Dave Cooper to ask exactly the same question. 

Its a great bit of kit, If you have roof rails on your FL then attach a strap from it to the handlebars and it really steadies it up.